CFO (Part Time 30hrs p/wk)
CFO (Part Time 30hrs p/wk)
Burleigh Town, Gold Coast QLD
Financial Managers & Controllers (Accounting)
We’re looking for an experienced Gold Coast based Chief Financial Officer to join our team and take over this hands-on financial management role in our dynamic business.
About Us @ Toast Interactive
We are a family owned company located in Burleigh Heads. We specialise in VR games, including the famous Richie’s Plank Experience which has been a global best seller for the last 6 years.
We are an industry leading studio with a proud culture of positive work-life integration, we operate with a social conscience and we are making games that create a positive impact on the world!
About This Role
You’ll be working closely with the CEO and the executive leadership team to oversee and manage the financial strategy, forecasting, management and compliance of the business.
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing accrual based financial accounts on a monthly and annual basis to overseeing & ensure full financial compliance
- Preparing cash flows, budgets and forecasts including project based forecasting, tracking and analysis
- Provide strategic recommendations on the financial impact of operations to enhance efficiencies and financial outcomes
- Overseeing all taxation, super and all compliance requirements including approving BAS and liaising with our external accountants
- Preparing management reports for shareholders including analysis and commentary as required
- Supporting various finance projects including grants, insurance and other funding opportunities
More About You
You have 7+ years of demonstrated experience in finance, working within a commercial environment supported by an Accounting Degree (plus CA, CPA or similar qualification will be highly regarded).
You have experience working within a service based environment specifically performing project accounting, management and analysis.
You have experience leading a small team of bookkeepers and are a strong mentor and team leader.
You are extremely analytical with an incredibly high attention to detail.
You are flexible, adaptable, like solving problems and thrive under pressure.
You enjoy collaborating and working with others and succeeding as a team.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
We know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment.
We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of colour, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.
How To Apply
If you’ve read this far and you are feeling excited to confidentially explore this opportunity, please email your CV with a cover letter answering the 5 questions below through to the CEO via firstname.lastname@example.org;
1. Briefly describe your experience and why this is the right next role for you?
2. What does strong financial oversight and management look like to you?
3. This role is 30 hours p/week PPT and requires you to come into our office at Burleigh. Where do you live and what does your ideal working week look like? (hours, days etc).
4. What are you currently earning and what salary would make you excited for this role
5. What are your career dreams? Tell us how this role fits into your plans.
We believe in collaborative kindness. We will respond to every application and we appreciate the time you have taken to apply.